Starcraft II has been updated for the second time in a month
with Blizzard again venturing under the game's hood with a spanner and thing-a-me-jig to make changes to cooldowns, build times and energy levels. Tweaks have been made to all three of the game's races, five minor bugs have been addressed and a couple of user-interface changes have also been made. The full laundry list of improvements is as follows:General
• Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
• The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified.
• Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.Balance
• Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
o Void Ray
• Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
• Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
• Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
• Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
• Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
• Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
• Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
• Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
• Energy bar removed.
• 250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
• Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
• Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
• Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
• Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
• Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
• Energy bar removed.
• Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
• Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
• Range increased from 3 to 4.Bug Fixes
• Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
• Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
• Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
• Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.
The update, now live, brings Starcraft II to version 1.1.2.