EA is rumored to be working on the Alpha software that will "over-take" this generation of gaming.
Develop reports that the hardware was shipped in a PC shell that hid the inner workings; “Quite often when new consoles come around they’re packaged into a PC shell, but actually what’s inside is an entirely new console,” a senior, trusted, well-placed source said.
What I Would Like to See in the Next Xbox Console:
- Blu-ray Disc Drive. There was a time when HDDVD was it, but Blu-ray won the battle. Not for graphics and ease but because of the sheer amount of space thats on each disc. L.A. Noire takes up 3 DVD discs and only 1 blu-ray.
- Built in PSU. That damn power-brick is annoying, admit it. A new smaller PSU (like the ones rumored to be with the "Valhalla" motherboard X360s) would be much better and cause less hassle.
- Ability to play all games at 1080p. Its just the new standard.
- WiFi. Yes yes yes the 360Slim has this and it works great, but sometimes you have to remind people about the great things.
- A Web Browser. XBL is fantastic but a real browser would be extremely useful and gamer-friendly. The PS3 has this and utilizes it, Xbox gamers are envious.
- Cloud Support. The ability to access your PC(pics, vids, files) from your console and vice-versa. Yes The Windows Media Center exists but it could be redesigned and better integrated.
There are rumors that Microsoft will announce the plans of a new console at E32011, but many sources are calling a bluff on this one. The next console from Microsoft is expected in 2012.