What is known:
- Bethesda Softworks has the rights to the "Fallout" franchise, universe, mythology, code, etc. (barring the legal battle with Interplay)
- Fallout 4 will be developed and published by Bethesda Softworks.
- Fallout 4 is the rumored game that Bethesda has been working on since August 2010.
- When Bethesda purchased the rights to Fallout they stated that they would make more than one.
- Bethesda has crafted the Creation Engine, debuting in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Gamebryo, seen in previous Bethesda games: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas (Made by Obisidian) is obsolete.
- Location and time setting is unknown at this moment.